It’s hard to answer the question “what’s wrong?,” when nothing’s right. I understand. I am writing this as a reminder to not only myself , but also to my friends. This is for when you have bad days.
Today was probably (most definitely) not the best day, you probably feel a bit blue and that’s okay. I’m here to tell you that it gets better- so much better. You might feel alone and feel that everything around you is a bit hostile – you’re not wrong about that. It’s a big, bad world outside. But hidden behind the shadows, you will find light. And it’s honestly beautiful! There is friendship, love, happiness and most importantly- HOPE.
Always remember that you have the power to rise above what is bringing you down.
So breathe. Take a deep breath in. Breathe out. Calm your busy mind, give it a break. Stop thinking too much and just listen to what i have to say.
You are brave and strong. You will not let something trivial break you down. It isn’t the end of the world ( Unless it literally is the apocalypse, then sorry mate- I can’t do anything. But oh well, you’re not alone.) Ten years into the future, you will look back upon this moment and be proud of how you got through it. And I can’t tell you enough, but you are so very strong. This is a reminder of not only your strength, but also your courage. You’ve gone through tears, screams, anger, grief and heartbreak. But you’re still alive and breathing.That is all that matters. You, a beautiful person, will get past these periods of heartbreak, friendlessness, loneliness, insecurities, embarrassment and resentment. I know, for a fact, that you will. And believe me- I’m ALWAYS right.
(* smug smile*)
So I suggest that you step outside, breathe in the fresh air and look up at the stars. Take in the beauty of the small things around you. You never know what might make you happy.
Once you’ve calmed down, go back inside. Look at all the space you have just for you- take it all in. Now go drink some water, play some music, and lie down.
Switch off your phone , turn off the lights and just sleep. You deserve it.
Wishing you the best of luck,
I wrote this today because my closest friends ( some of the strongest people I know) had really shitty days. I couldn’t spend too much time talking to them in person, so this was the best i could do. I know that this will help me when I’m feeling down too.
THINGS THAT MAKE ME FEEL BETTER WHEN I’M NOT FEELING TOO GOOD-
- Knowing that tomorrow, the sun will still rise in the east- no matter how big and scary my problems seem.
- Knowing that the stars are always up in the sky, even if i can’t see them. They are a constant (until they go supernova, that is) even when there is too much change around me.
- The feeling of insignificance ( ignore this if it is one of your causes of sadness.)
- Remembering the nice things- wet grass, the smell of wet mud, the rain, good music, sunshine on a cold day, 5pm sunshine, the stillness of the night, the smell of your favourite food, etc.
- Writing in my journal. ( trust me, not as pretentious as it seems.)
- Bad jokes
- My favourite music ( late at night, I like listening to the more soothing songs of bands like the 1975 and coin)
- Watching this video ( warning: it’s ASMR. If you don’t like ASMR, don’t listen to it. i just like the words and how peaceful it is) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ0t5X-nbwA
REMEMBER- Things will always, most certainly, for sure, get better. You can always send me a message or something if u need somebody to talk to. I’m all ears :).